In today's healthcare scenario giving a quality healthcare service to the patients has become a necessity as today in the world of social media the public are getting more aware towards the qualitative treatment. Even our government has realized the need of quality healthcare to the mass. For this the government along with IRDA is taking stringent steps to provide quality healthcare so that the quality healthcare reaches out to the masses.
Along with quality healthcare the demand of cashless treatment and mediclaim is also increasing for which the hospitals needs to tie up with various TPA's or Insurance companies, and in order to sustain in the market providing cashless service is a must today for all the service providers, this entire cashless facility comes under the purview of IRDA.
Need for NABH Accreditation
NABH is an accreditation Board meant for giving accreditation certificate to Hospitals and Health Care Providers to ensure the health services are of acceptable quality and there is appropriate usage of technology and resources by the providers
The IRDA has released its circular dated 27/07/2018 that any provider offering cashless services for allopathic treatment shall meet with the pre-accreditation entry level certificate (or higher level of certificate) issued by NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers) within a period of twelve months from the date of notification. Please refer circular IRDAI/HLT/GDUCIR/114/07/2018 dated 27.07.2018
Ayushman Bharat (PMSSM)
Now even Ayushman Bharat (Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Mission) has mentioned in their empanelment process that a hospital who wants to get empanelled under Ayushman Bharat needs to take NABH entry level accreditation within six months to avail better rates.
Benefits for getting NABH accredited:
- Results in high quality of care and patient safety
- Raises community confidence in the services provided
- Adds credibility and visibility to all the stakeholders
- Policies and Procedures of an organization is clear which can be understood by everyone
- It shows accountability and commitment to the community
- The NABH accredited providers gets better rates from all the stakeholders when compared to the providers who are not accredited
- It will ease the empanelment process with any stakeholders
- Helps you meet or exceed ministry regulation and licensing requirements
- Decreases risks and associated liability cost
What we DO and how can we HELP?
- Experienced consultants will guide you through the process from start to finish,Â helpingÂ to identify, plan, and implement important steps needed toÂ getÂ ready forÂ accreditation
- We provide onsite and remote assistance from our consultants
- Our consultants conduct an on-site baseline assessment of your organizationâ€™s readiness for accreditation
- This in-depth review compares your current services and processes to NABH standards and identifies areas where improvements need to be made
- Our consultants help you measure your facilities against NABH standards in fire safety, environment of care, emergency preparedness, and other critical areas
- We do a mock survey prior to your accreditation survey to ensure all compliances are met
- Our consultants can provide pinpoint support in high-priority areas where you are struggling with compliance.