It is a post graduate degree
Diplomate in National Board (DNB
) awarded by the National Board of Examinations under the Union Ministry of Health, India. DNB
candidates are trained at private hospitals, while the MD/MS candidates are trained at Medical Colleges. DNB
residency positions are available in 54 specialties.
Where is it conducted?
The Board conducts its postgraduate and postdoctoral programmes in teaching hospitals accredited by it and in medical colleges accredited by the Medical Council of India.
Who can get accredited?
National Board of Examinations (NBE) accredits hospitals/institutions for running DNB programme in various Broad & Super Specialty and Fellowship programme in various sub specialty areas.
Benefits of DNB Accreditation
- DNB is at par with other qualifications like MD/MS
- MBBS doctors prefer DNB over MD/MS qualification
- Internationally accepted qualification
- Name and Fame in PG Education
- Recognition from Union Ministry
- Revenue Generations
- Qualified Doctors for 3 years
- Recognition of your doctors as Professors
- Will be able to attract donations
- DNB passed out doctors will be ambassador throughout for the hospital.
So as per the Board any hospital who fulfils the criteria for DNB license can get themselves accredited and acclaim to be a PG institution. Hence what are you waiting for? Get yourself accredited for the same and enjoy the benefits that come across.
For this entire process our team will guide you and help in getting the license.